When To Seek Help From The Faucet Repair & Installation Experts
Faucets are an essential part of the home for obvious reason, it dispenses water. Worn out and leaking faucets are a common problem and is bound to happen at some point or other. Fortunately, it is easy to fix the faucet problem if you identify it. But, if you feel that you need an experts help, we at Intact Plumbing and Heating provide excellent faucet repair and installation services for homes and businesses in Bergen County & Passaic County, New Jersey.
We have already established ourselves as a leading plumbing company that offer professional plumbing and heating repair, service and installation. We are well known for faucet repair & installation services for all types of faucets.
What causes your Faucet to Drip?
There are quite a few reasons why your faucet is dripping. Some major causes of a dripping faucet are mentioned below.
- Problem with the O ring: The O ring is a small disc attached to a steam screw that is used to hold the handle of a faucet in place, and it can become loose or wear out due to regular use, making it an disposed part from where dripping can occur. The solution to this leaking damage is replacing the O ring once you’re sure that there is a problem with it. Normally, such a ring issue occurs in cartridge faucets.
- Corroded Valve Seat: Due to constant use of the faucet, a value seat which services as a linkage between the faucet and the spout in compression mechanism. Dirt and water sediment build-up in the valve seat can cause it to corrode, which then musters leakage around the spout area. This can be prevented by contacting a professional plumber like us who can come clean the valve seat.
- Worn out Washer:Because of regular use the washer is forced against the valve seat, which causes resistance and as a result there is dripping around the spout. The best way to prevent and get rid of the rubber washers dripping constantly is by replacing the washer as soon as possible.
- Improper Installation of Washer:It is extremely obvious that when the washer is not installed correctly or it’s of the incorrect size, it can lead to leakage. You need to get in touch with a professional to come install the washer correctly, and avoid such rookie mistakes in the future.
- Loosened Parts: Sometimes due to consistent and steady usage, the adjusting ring and packing nuts in the steam screw may become unhinged causing leakage near the handle of the faucet. This can be prevented by either tightening the packing nut and if that doesn’t work for long, you should completely replace it.
- Damaged Plumbing: Broken pipes are the most common causes of faucet leakage. They may interfere with the water pressure and lead to faucet dripping often. Some causes may be a back breaker for you, which is why you should hire an experienced plumbing service company to check for any broken pipes and solve the issue immediately.
In addition to repairing leaky faucets, we also provide new faucet installation services and replacing old, dingy ones that don’t satisfy your home needs. Our plumbers are well-trained and familiar with each and every faucet brand and style in the market and will install an entire faucet system immediately.